Saturday, October 17, 2009

. my dad .

. is a wonderfully humble, loving, thoughtful, genuine and honest man . i feel so blessed to call him my dad . although those things above are what defines him, he's also a mechanic, and has been all his life . my aunt nadine (his sister) suggested i do a shoot of him doing what he does. great idea ! so yesterday i went and spent a little time at home and shot a little glimpse of his daily life . as i mentioned he's a fairly modest man and wasn't too excited about this and used his standard line "i'd rather not", but after thinking about it a little and knowing how much these photos would mean to me, his sons, his wife, his sister, his father and many more that love him he of course agreed . he's very blessed that his commute is about a 2 minute walk . i'll add that this shoot brought back a lot of memories for me since i worked at the same implement dealership when i was a teenager, as well as just being around home .
. off to work .

. walking to work .

. my dad .
. he left on a tractor, trying to get out of the shoot, and this is when i caught him .
. he tried to get out of having his picture taken .

. dad working .

. myron's toolbox .
. my dad has very nice handwriting . it's very unique too . he told me when i was a kid that he really worked at making his handwriting nice, it didn't just happen .
. notes .
. showing me a part that was ruined .
. dad thinking about what he can make out of ruined parts .
. and telling me how he was going to make something out of the 6 that were all bent, he's always thinking of something .
. going to make something out of ruined parts .
. his letourneau university alumni cup . i love it . who knew they had ramen noodles back then, not that your old or anything dad .
. letourneau alumni cup .
. an engine he has been building .
. building an engine .

. getting tools for his next job .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .

. dad working .
. my dad's not the typical don't-read-instructions kinda guy . although he did tell me one funny story about when he didn't read the instructions, but overall he knows where to get his information, just like us women . :)
. dad working .
. heading back home .
. walking home .

. walking home .
. a kiss at home to greet him .
:)
. a kiss when he got home from work .
. and this is part of the story because that same day he rescued a little kitten that was born up at the shop and was close to death when he found the little thing . they gave it some warm milk, some warmth and a little love and by the end of the day the little thing was acting like a normal kitten .
. Lucky Myronfoundja .

. Lucky Myronfoundja .
. mom and i named him Lucky Myronsavedja .
. happy birthday dad .
. i love you .

8 comments:

photozmom Sat Oct 17, 09:33:00 AM  

There are tears in my eyes.... You did a GREAT job(as usual) of capturing your subject... What a special guys your dad is... I am SO thankful that God blessed me with such a Godly, hardworking, humble man. These pictures are priceless !!! Thanks, Sis!

photozmom Sat Oct 17, 09:35:00 AM  

oh.. Found out that Darrin actually FOUND Lucky...so we tweeked the name a little... "Lucky..Myronsavedja" :O)

. sarah . Sat Oct 17, 09:43:00 AM  

Okay, changed it :) Glad you loved the photos mom.

Aunt N Sat Oct 17, 10:14:00 AM  

You did it, Sarah!!! That is exactly what I hoped you would capture. Thank you so very, very much! I will copy for Dad. He will love them.

Emily Mon Oct 19, 07:04:00 AM  

What a great photo-story! Happy birthday to your dad!

Unknown Mon Oct 19, 08:05:00 AM  

How I wished I would have hired you to do my dad....I see alot of your dad's wonderful traits in him ..thanks for sharing your precious dad with us. ps..you describe him perfectly.

~abi~ Wed Oct 21, 06:43:00 AM  

what a beautiful post!!!

Brooke LeeAn Copeland Wed Oct 21, 01:12:00 PM  

These almost made me cry. What a good daddy you have. We are pretty lucky girls, having such goods dads!

. all images copyright by . sarahnebelphotography . please don't copy without permission .

Followers

. contact me .

. if you're interested in what a session entails, prices or anything else contact me at sarahnebel@cloudburst9.net
or at
319-461-8040 .

. studio location .

51 1st Street, Riverside, Iowa

About Me

My photo
. i love my family . i love owl city . i love color . i love being creative . i love my husband . i love having fun . i love new projects . i love friends . i love fall . i love watching others have fun . i love coffee . i love gilmore girls . i love kids . i love hot summer days . i love blogs . i love life . i love Him .

. come be my friend .

Member of the Professional Photographers of Iowa (PPI)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP