Friday, September 18, 2009

. scrapbooking .

. i've probably scrapped 3 times total this year . i don't have myself on a strict schedule with keeping up my scrapbooks (that's so i actually enjoy doing it), but i do want to remember some special times and document a few of my favorite photos and people . i was definitely in the mood to get some pages done last week so i ordered photos, got a new page of scrap paper (that is always inspiring) and got a plan . that's key for actually getting pages done . 2 hours and 8 pages later i'm a happy girl .
. scrapbook .
. i feel like i've finally gotten my scrapping down . i'm fairly organized with my supplies and it doesn't take long to get them out or put them back . what it takes to be inspired and yet be efficient . i like using odd sized photos to challenge me to create a different kind of page . you can order many different sizes from mpix.com . keep the journaling simple, yet from my heart . some pages don't need much journaling, and some it just flows, i just kind of go with it .
. scrapbook .
. quite a few of my pages don't have photos because they aren't always necessary . the page on the left below has a note from steve . i didn't need a photo to document the importance of the note, the note is self sufficient . he wrote it this last spring after spending the night in the planter planting his last field of corn . 'corn done @ 4:30, i'm sleeping, don't wake...i have gun, i'm jumpy, i spray today, i love you' . i also don't limit myself to scrapbooking just one size of page . i like to do 8.5 X 11 and 12 X 12 so i do both and put them together in one binder .
. scrapbook .
. how's your scrapbooking going ? should we get together sometime soon and get some done ? i always enjoy the company but get very little done when i do it with others, unless i scrap their pages . which i do love doing .

4 comments:

Aunt N Fri Sep 18, 05:30:00 AM  

I appreciate every hint you shared. I am ready to start my first one. Have everything ready except for the time element.

photozmom Fri Sep 18, 07:05:00 AM  

I think we need to get together.... Wish Aunt N didn't live so far away..... What a fun time we could have...Maybe we will have to meet at Photozgran's and spend the day( and a night :O) ) Great insight to your scrapping, Sis !!!

worth100words Fri Sep 18, 07:28:00 AM  

I would love to scrap with you sometime! Actually, right now, I would just love to scrap! It has been SOOO long, and I miss it. That's one thing that makes me look forward to colder weather- more time indoors to play! Next time we come visit, I'd love to take a look at some of your books.

Christina Zimmerman Mon Sep 21, 12:40:00 PM  

You can come help me any day! lol. :) I love the idea of putting 8x10 and 12x12 together..adds some diversity. :) Hopefully soon I will be more organized..I am getting closer and closer everyday!

. all images copyright by . sarahnebelphotography . please don't copy without permission .

Followers

. contact me .

. if you're interested in what a session entails, prices or anything else contact me at sarahnebel@cloudburst9.net
or at
319-461-8040 .

. studio location .

51 1st Street, Riverside, Iowa

About Me

My photo
. i love my family . i love owl city . i love color . i love being creative . i love my husband . i love having fun . i love new projects . i love friends . i love fall . i love watching others have fun . i love coffee . i love gilmore girls . i love kids . i love hot summer days . i love blogs . i love life . i love Him .

. come be my friend .

Member of the Professional Photographers of Iowa (PPI)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP